Discount Shimano 2014 Men's All Mountain Bike Shoe - SH-MT53

Shimano SH-MT53 Mountain Bike Shoe Size 43.0 Color Black
Customer Ratings: 4 stars
Buy Now
These Shimano MTB shoes are really great. They come in European sizing, but unlike many bicycling shoes, they actually have a larger toe box area so they have plenty of room for wider feet. The mid-top design helps keep out dirt and rocks, and they can be quickly converted for use with Shimano SPD system pedals. They would be perfect if they were Gore-Tex lined and more waterproof. Overall, still a very good riding shoe/boot.

Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>

I bought these shoes because they were low top MTB shoes and have had some ankle pain. I felt the height of the shoe would add support. I've been pleased with the support and the shoes. One reviewer stated that when he installed his cleats they stripped out the bolts. I can't see how this could happen if the cleats are installed properly. Personally, I think they are priced way too high but overall there aren't many high top MTB shoes, so I'm happy with them in the big picture.

Best Deals on Shimano 2014 Men's All Mountain Bike Shoe - SH-MT53

They work great. Easy to use, especially for being my first time riding with clips, I just don't like walking with them, the clip scratches along the ground and scrapes the clips adding to wear. Would have loved for the clip to be a bit more recessed, but then they might not have worked. Give and take, great shoes nonetheless. Ligtweaght, very comfortable, and breathes.

Honest reviews on Shimano 2014 Men's All Mountain Bike Shoe - SH-MT53

I require a shoe than I can have good grip on rock when I am forced to bail or walk on techinical rocky sections of trail (Connecticut). The hard plastic soles of most shoes are just too dangerous, and are not made for walking up impassable trail sections, especially when they are damp or wet.

These Shimano SMT53 shoes offer a great combination of stiffness, sole grip, and foot protection. I don't mind that they are not the lightest shoe available, but I am not riding for racing anyway, I ride because I love to ride, and having all my equipment perform it's best makes my rides enjoyable.

These are now my go-to shoe for almost all my ridng. I used to wear Specialized Tahoe shoes for their rubber soles and reasonable price, but the soles are not very stiff in comparision to other brands.

I've had them a couple months now, and they seem to be holding up fine, if they last 2 years I will be happy.

Find helpful customer reviews and review ratings for Shimano 2014 Men's All Mountain Bike Shoe - SH-MT53

Stiff sole, good cleat positioning, good support/uppers, walk/push well if not on slickrock. Unfortunately the footbed is cutaway type that caused great pain after 1 hour in the saddle. Tried different insoles with no relief. Upon examination, you will see that the cutaway has sharp ridges directly under the metatarsal area of your feet. After ensuring the cleat positioning was right, I filled in the cutaways with silicone sealant. They seem fine now, especially as there are not many options for a mid/high top AM shoe. If I hadn't needed to fix the problem, and the cleats were recessed 1-2 mm more they would rate 4 stars plus. Buy these at your LBS to get the size right or any savings could fly out the window, postage paid. P.S. The single release -51 SPD cleats (black) that came with my XTR pedals should be replaced with the multi-release -56 (silver/gold) version, particularly if you are new to cleats or riding technical terrain to avoid lock in fall-overs or worse. If they fit properly and are properly set up, these shoes do inspire confidence.

Buy Fom Amazon Now

0 comments:

Post a Comment