Click Here For Most Helpful Customer Reviews >>
This is not a shoe for runners with very flat feet. Several years ago I ran through multiple pairs of an earlier incarnation of this shoe (the NB 855 and 856) and liked them very much. The new NB 850 has a feature called the Stabilcore that is basically a stiff plastic ridge that runs along the arch. Since I have a very flat foot, that ridge presses into my arch making the shoe uncomfortable. Many shoes on the market right now have a similar ridge. These include the Brooks Beast, Saucony Guide 3, and NB 1012. Although they all claim to be for runners with flat feet wanting motion control, the design prevents truly flat footed runners from wearing these shoes.This shoe will probably be very good for runners with medium or low (but NOT flat) arches wanting cushioned motion control.
I also own a pair of Saucony Guide 3. If you like the NB 850 you might also like the Saucony Guide 3. The Guide 3 also has a ridge that hits my arches. To me both of these shoes feel quite similar. Though the NB 850 feels spongier than the Saucony Guide 3.
Best Deals on New Balance Men's MR850 Running Shoe
I've always been a huge New Balance fan. They always fit better and last longer than the highly marketed brands. But I never realized how much difference there is between the lower and higher end models.I had always bought the 400 and 500 models in the past, but when I found the predecessor to these shoes, the 859 (don't ask me why successor is "850", a lower number) at an outlet store, it was a revelation to discover that so much more technology goes in to making New Balance's more expensive lines. As good as the 859 was, the 850 is a big improvement on an already great shoe. It adds far more cushioning and stability control while still keeping the shoe very light weight.
I can't run due to neuropathy in my feet, but I work out and do intense cardio almost every day at my gym. Sometimes I have to take a few days off because my feet would hurt so much. But since upgrading to the 800 series shoes, I've even been able to do short interval runs with no resulting pain. Unlike some other brands who's expensive lines are more about style than quality, you really get more bang for the buck with the higher end New Balances. I didn't even have a break in period with these.
From now on I won't even consider any model under the 800 series.
0 comments:
Post a Comment